Friday, March 21, 2014

Workout of the Week | vol 1



Woo! I made it through my first week back at the gym.

I also survived a pretty big step for me and my daughter- she was in a daycare environment for the first time ever! Tuesday was her first day and she absolutely loves it. I feel so much better knowing that she is in the same building as me at all times and if anything happens, someone can come and find me but she has done so well. In fact, we've gone every day this week and she really seems to be having a blast playing with the other toddlers for the hour I'm getting my sweat on.

And sweat on, indeed. I found this total body blast routine on Fitness Blender and decided to give it a try. I knew it would challenge me to push myself because right off the bat you are doing 14 push-ups and as I have mentioned before- I absolutely loathe doing push-ups. I just jotted down the exercises in my agenda & brought it to the gym with me. This workout totally kicked my ass and I only used 5 pound weights for the circuit. I love that this works every muscle in your body and especially love that you get maximum calorie burn because you are doing compound movements.

I warmed up with 10-15 minutes of cardio & ended with cardio as well before doing a quick cooldown & stretch routine.

Let me know what you think of this workout if you try it or leave a comment with your favourite fast total body blast routines!

xoxo,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment